The Dragon is hungry and he considers the possibility of food – Disappearing in Plain Sight by Francis Guenette lies out a little too near to the cook pot to go unnoticed… Should he read it or Eat it? Loud noises from his belly indicate his interest.
Let’s consider the tasty contents. The setting is rural Crater Lake in Canada. There is a bakery owned by two of the characters that supplies many mouths. Lisa Marie is a troubled teen who goes to live with her aunt. The descriptions of the area give vivid backdrops to a difficult story of the
young girl’s growth. The people who inhabit the tight-knit social climate all
change during the summer. The devastating loss two years ago of Caleb, a central figure to the inhabitant’s circle of friends, finally plays out as his closest
associates emerge from their grief to deal with their lives.
PROS and CONS of Cooking –
- The characters are amazing and very real
- the story flows smoothly
- the plot holds the reader’s interest throughout
- the relationships are detailed and well developed
- there is a bakery filled with yummy breads
- there is a garden filled with yummy flowers and vegetables
- There are no dragons in the story…
- while the main characters seem tasty, the Dragon is too caught up in the plot top eat them
The Dragon says save this book for reading. Although a tasty treat, it will be much better consumed by the mind. This is an entertaining novel. Buy it! !!!!ROAR!!!! It can be found at Amazon and where all
delicious towns books are sold.
You can find Francis at all her usual island rendezvous, facebook, twitter and blog.
Thanks so much, dragon. I’m thinking of sending you an extra copy so you can end the debate and chomp away 🙂