Today I had the pleasure of being a beta reader for a book that will debut this year. The story is called simply “Jazz.” J. Hollingsworth memorized me with a tale of intrigue and spies. this thriller/romance is due to be in print around June when K. Hollingsworth–the other half of their team–will also release a novel.
The Dragon rubs his empty belly and considers his well stocked book shelf. No he is not desperate…but some of the titles look very tasty. The Curse of the Salute a thriller by Anastacia Moore has fallen near the cook pot. Should he read it or eat it?
A loud growl from his belly indicates his interest.
Let’s digest the story a little. The Salute is a small fishing boat owned by a man named Charles Frank and his son Dick. They hire a friend of the old man’s named Pete during tuna season…and the scary begins. The characters are very real and the descriptions of the fishing are amazing. Although the Dragon is a fire dragon…
What’s on the menu…
Tuna has many possibilities!!
The story takes us down a path of evil that threatens to take everything from Dick including his sanity.
—Cooking Pros and Cons—-
- the descriptions of the vessel and the fishing are amazing.
- the language is simple and totally in keeping with the story, the prose is readable
- the characters are well developed
- the relationship between the father and son is nicely detailed
- the tension builds well
- the plot keeps the reader’s interest throughout
- there are no dragons in the story…
- there is ocean everywhere
The Dragon says save this book for reading. Although a tasty treat, it will be much better consumed by the mind. This is an entertaining novel. Buy it! !!!!ROAR!!!! It can be found at amazon and wherever fine
seafood books are sold.